CIRN’s goals remain consistent with that of PCIRN, however, the network will not be limited to influenza research alone. Rather, CIRN will cover a broader scope of research pertaining to all areas of vaccine, immunization, and infectious diseases. The network will strive to achieve the following goals:
- Continue to perform vaccine research to inform health policy in Canada.
- Maintain an active research network capable of immediate response to infectious disease threats in Canada.
- Further develop collaborations between Canadian vaccine experts.
- Train the next generation of pandemic vaccine researchers.
- Perform applied public health research and vaccine evaluations of high priority for Canadian health decision makers.