The Project Manager provides administrative and management support for the entire portfolio of Clinical Trials Network (CTN) and Special Immunization Clinics (SIC) network studies, which includes several multi-site clinical trials and qualitative studies, both national and international.
The CIRN Multi-Network Project Manager (referred to as Project Manager henceforth) reports to the CIRN Network Leads and the Chief Administrative Officer, CCfV.
The Project Manager is responsible for a wide range of duties, including some or all of the following: project initiation, clinical management, managing multiple complex budgets, virtual team management, research project logistics, research ethic submission and monitoring, project reporting, communications, and liaising with investigators, monitors and study sponsors.
- Provide overall coordination of assigned studies in accordance with CCfV Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or sponsor or regulatory guidelines under the guidance of the Principal Investigator/Network Leads
- Act as lead to a national network of site research coordinators and various team members for each aspect of various projects
- Develop, review, and approve Statements of Work, contracts, and budgets
- Manage multiple project budgets including development, forecasting, monitoring and reporting to the PI and advising on risk mitigation strategies to achieve sound financial management
- Work with the Laboratory and Data Management teams on all aspects of project logistics
- Act as the primary liaison with sponsors from various sectors
- Review and assist with the development of protocols, Case Report Forms, consent forms, and other study documents
- Assist with the writing and review of academic publications, including presentations, abstracts, and manuscripts
- Work collaboratively with research groups within Canada and internationally to coordinate research projects across multiple sites
- Mitigate and resolve administrative issues across multiple project sites
- Assist in the preparation of network materials for annual reports and other knowledge translation activities as required
- Maintain study documentation in adherence with Good Clinical Practice standards
- Maintain a current knowledge of the study status and important milestones
- Maintain up to date directory of all CIRN CTN/SIC team members and liaisons
- Liaise with CTN/SIC data team regarding data collection, and creation and revision of forms
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Experience coordinating multiple clinical trials and/or research projects concurrently
- Extensive project management experience in a clinical or research setting, including complex budget management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Experience leading and/or managing virtual teams
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
- Demonstrably high level of time management and decision-making skills in regards to managing multiple projects and priorities
- Highly organized and able to multi-task when needed
- Strong attention to detail
- A science focused Master’s degree required. A degree in a clinical area would be an asset.
- Experience in or further professional development in administration and/or project management is considered an asset.
- Experience working with international partners including research collaborators in low to middle income countries (LMIC)
- 5+ years of relevant experience within a university research setting, hospital, or comparable environment
- Experience writing, editing, and reviewing protocols and other study related documents
- Understands pharmaceutical regulatory environment
- Understands research ethics, in concept and practice; demonstrable experience providing budget management and reporting oversight
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and other private/public funding agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this position, you can apply through Dalhousie University website here: https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/3503