The aim of this project is to measure the prevalence of vaccine hesitancy across Canada and to monitor vaccine hesitancy online using digital detection. Two different research approaches will be used.
A survey tool to identify vaccine hesitant parents will be developed and evaluated. The tool will be used in an online survey of parents across Canada. The survey will provide the first national estimates of vaccine hesitancy among Canadian parents and will be useful to characterize vaccine-hesitant parents.
Dr. David Buckeridge and his team will monitor vaccine hesitancy online using digital detection. They will adapt and evaluate a tool designed for a comprehensive ongoing evaluation of online sources (i.e. social media) and use it to monitor vaccine attitudes.
- Eve Dubé, Project Lead, Laval University
- Heather MacDougall, University of Waterloo
- Julie Bettinger, University of British Columbia
- François Boucher, Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec
- David Buckeridge, Université McGill
- William Fisher, University of Western Ontario
- Arnaud Gagneur, Université de Sherbrooke
- Janice Graham, Dalhousie University
- Maryse Guay, Université de Sherbrooke
- Juliet Guichon, University of Calgary
- Jane Heffernan, York University
- Shannon MacDonald, University of Alberta
- Laurence Monnais, Université de Montréal
- Dat Tran, University of Toronto
- Kumanan Wilson, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Holly Witteman, Université Laval