Addressing vaccine hesitancy: Pan-Canadian validation of an effective strategy
The aim of this project is to validate, using a randomised controlled trial design implemented in the maternity ward, the impact of an intervention based on motivational interviewing techniques on parents’ intention to vaccinate their infant in a Pan-Canadian context. The intervention The effectiveness of the intervention on short term vaccine coverage (at 3, 5 and 7 months) and long term vaccine coverage (at 13, 19 and 24 months) will also be performed by comparing vaccine coverage of infants whose parents have received or not the intervention in the maternity ward during the multicentre RCT; and to determine the predictors of vaccine coverage during the 0-2 year period.
- Arnaud Gagneur, Project Lead, Université de Sherbrooke
- Julie Bettinger, University of British Columbia
- Eve Dubé, Project Lead, Université Laval
- Noni MacDonald, Dalhousie University
- Allison McGeer, Mt. Sinai Hospital