The aim of this project is to better understand the determinants of HPV vaccine uptake in school-based vaccination programs in Canada.
An environmental scan will be conducted and will document modes of delivery of HPV vaccines in schools (e.g. grades) and strategies to enhance uptake/acceptance). Individual and group interviews will be conducted with key informants at 3 levels: macro (decision-makers and public health experts at provincial and regional levels); meso (immunization managers and schools principals at local level) and micro (vaccine-providers, teachers and parents). Findings will allow to identify potential strategies to increase HPV vaccine uptake in school-based programs that will be evaluated in a future project.
- Eve Dubé, Project Lead, Université Laval
- Julie Bettinger, University of British Columbia
- Jeannette Comeau, Dalhousie University
- Shelley Deeks, Public Health Ontario
- Vinita Dubey, AMOH Toronto Public Health
- Maryse Guay, Université de Sherbrooke
- Juliet Guichon, University of Calgary
- Noni MacDonald, Dalhousie University
- Shannon MacDonald, University of Alberta
- Monika Naus, BC Centre for Disease Control
- Gina Ogilvie, University of British Columbia
- Chantal Sauvageau, Université Laval
- Audrey Steenbeek, Dalhousie University
- Sarah Wilson, Public Health Ontario